Friday, January 8, 2016

MindTex

This isn't an asset you'll find in the game, but some time ago I did a little test to use a program called MindTex, a Normal Map Generator. It's super easy and fast to use, it can't really be compared with something like Substance Painter, but if you need to crank out a pretty good looking material in a hurry, it's very much worth a go. I haven't used it in my game development as of yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did at some point, it's an awesome little program. Below is a picture of the asset (I really lazed out on the hasps polycount-wise, but whatever), and a link to one of my Youtube channels briefly showcasing the chest!

artistcaleb's Game Trove, a new review only Youtube channel. Check out the intro and you'll spot the chest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjnTjixbrI

No comments:

Post a Comment